OmniFocus 3 Workflows with Justin DiRose - Learn OmniFocus

I’m on Learn OmniFocus Live with @timstringer 2020-04-02T17:00:00Z. If you haven’t signed up for Learn OmniFocus yet, you can do so using our affiliate link.

I would love to see any of our community members on the call tomorrow.

If you can’t join, this will be made available for free. I’ll be sure to post a link once that’s available.

EDIT: Here’s the recording of the live session –

6 Likes

I look forward to welcoming you to Learn OmniFocus tomorrow/Thursday, @justindirose!

2 Likes

@justindirose @timstringer It was great to see you both especially during this time of crisis. I liked your hybrid system between digital and analog. I get conceptually not having projects that you don’t expect to do in six months not in OF. But then where do you put them so you don’t lose them? And the use of OF to start the day sounds good but at the same time complex. I used my Focus Planner the night before to review and place the Big Three but don’t have a ritual in the morning. Lets say I hate mornings ; )

Thanks for joining today’s session, Stan! I’m very much looking forward to sharing the recording with everyone soon.

I’m happy to chime in with my perspective and look forward to hearing Justin’s take.

I keep lists of projects that I may do in the future and have repeating OmniFocus actions to prompt me to check these lists periodically.

For example, I have an Airtable database that contains ideas for Learn OmniFocus articles, videos, and live sessions. Some of these end up getting discarded (it seems liked a good idea at the time :wink:) and others become OmniFocus projects and are brought to fruition.

When I know I’m going to be doing a project at some point, I’ll sometimes create a “Create Project” action (e.g. “Create Project: to file income taxes”) that’s deferred to a future date.

I have both morning and evening reviews and keep both very simple (3-4 items). I also have a lot of repeating actions that live in single action lists. Some show up every day, others only on weekdays, and others very occasionally. Many of these are simple little tasks (e.g. “Transfer money from PayPal account” once a week) that I don’t want to have to remember to do.

2 Likes

That’s why i like doing the review the night before. When I wake up, I don’t have to struggle to think about what I want/need to do. The plan is already in place and I just get started on it right away.

1 Like

I have the Project Incubation database in Notion where I put project. Content ideas for ERW land in a content production database in Notion as well. I didn’t get a chance to show that one, but it’s based off this:

I get that! Everyone needs different processes to work with their personality and needs. For me, having a defined checklist of things to look at (each item usually taking less than a minute to look at) helps me stay on track.

1 Like

And the live session is now posted!

I’ll edit the OP to include it.

1 Like