My Top Productivity Books, Podcasts, and YouTube Channels for 2021

I haven’t done an update in a while with what I’m consuming for productivity goodness, so here’s my 2021 update!

Keep Productive

I have to plug @francesco’s YouTube channel, primarily because it’s the place where I get news about apps. Francesco does a great job of summarizing changes to apps and discussing the possibilities of new ones.

Cortex

Cortex has been at the top slot of my podcast player for years now. Myke Hurley and CGP Grey constantly have great insights about productivity, business, creating, and a slew of inside jokes and humor to boot.

Deep Questions with Cal Newport

https://calnewport.com/podcast

A new podcast in the last year, Cal Newport’s venture into the audio world is actually a great insight into his mind around productivity and work. I’ve learned a ton about timeblocking, career management, and other productivity tactics and strategies in the last few months of listening. The Q+A format is also a nice break from the “two hosts bantering on a topic” format that most podcasts have.

Productivityist

https://productivityist.com/category/blog/

@mikevardy’s blog has been around now for ages (in productivity world terms), but he still is pumping out relevant content on a regular basis. I’m especially fond of his recent quitting of Evernote for Obsidian. I’m biased, I know.

Christopher Lawley

I obtained an iPad Pro in the last year, and it’s amazing just how much this exploded my use of the device. I stumbled upon Christopher Lawley’s channel in my pursuit of learning how to use this device to it’s potential. I’m impressed with his videography, but more importantly, his videos are helpful on the journey to becoming an iPad power user.

Time Off

This book revolutionized my perception of work – work is more like a cycle of working and resting vs. the compartmentalized effort we often see it as. Hands down, this the one book I’d recommend anyone to read in the productivity space. Truly resting (which doesn’t mean doing nothing) is a lost art, and I believe this book will help us recover the practice.

Those are my top picks. What about you? What have you been consuming lately?

1 Like