Hey all! New to site

Hey all! New to site

Tell us who you are and what you do.

I’m a systems engineer/network consultant and also current a PhD student in theology.

How did you first get into the productivity world?

I’ve become immersed in this black hole of productivity through researching GTD apps and processes years ago and listening to podcasts.

How did you find the Guild?

Through the Mac power users podcast

What’s one thing you’ve learned that has impacted you most?

That ultimately being productive is a choice, not a byproduct of using the latest app or process.

3 Likes

Welcome @cagey!

You seem like you have a lot going on! What kind of systems engineering do you do? I have a background in IT myself.

:raised_hand: me too.

That’s good – productivity is always a result of intentional choice!

We’re glad to have you here, and let us know if you have any questions or thoughts!

I work on high speed atm networks, provider trunks and telecom.

1 Like

Yes, that is the objective. I do not want to become slave but master to the choices I make with tools. But they are just tools. The big thing is that they are easily used and useful in the end. My urge to go more digital is the ability to document/look up things in any setting as needed. I feel productivity would certainly go up in light of being able to “brain dump” as much as possible.

2 Likes

I like this. It’s a lifestyle choice for me. But I’m being particular about what fits in my system. I’ll try different experiments one at a time and fit it in when needed. When I don’t need a particular workflow or tool, I can always put it back into my toolbox and use it later when the need arises.

3 Likes

Where are you studying and what is your thesis topic?

2 Likes

I’m attending Liberty University. I’m leaning towards writing my dissertation on the the justice of God and how Jesus was the embodiment of that concept.

3 Likes