Hello Gerry D here

Music Producer/Composer/Musician/Dad

Many many years ago I got into productivity world probably via Stephen Covey’s 7 Habits book and his work on time management - then GTD and lots of other systems !

I found the Guild via a google search on using the Streaks app and I recognised a couple of the other members so thought - this might be worth checking out (David Sparks and Rosemary Orchard I know of from various podcasts - Focused Mac Power Users and Automaters

One thing which has impacted me most ?!? The best ‘system’ is just bringing regular attention on a regular basis to whatever system you currently use - ie, to engage everyday with your ‘stuff’ - the simpler the system the better also… know there will always be a shiny new system trying to get your attention - be wary of that !

2 Likes

7 Habits is an excellent cornerstone to start with to build up one’s system!

Oh, yeah! I’ve found that doing regular reviews is the best way to engage with the different checklists, projects, and areas of responsibilities. This part can’t be stressed enough!

Good to hear from you. I hope you’ll be able to post up some of the things that you’ve experimented with!

1 Like

Awesome! I write songs and stuff myself! Welcome to the community, @ged!

So good here. You have to engage with your stuff and keep it as complex as it needs to be – no more. That’s hard to do and it takes a long time to get that right I think. But if you’re willing to commit to the journey of learning how to be productive, versus just cranking out todos, you’re so much better off.

2 Likes