Gain Clarity by Planning in Notion

I think Notion is a fantastic place to flexibly and powerfully plan your week, month, and year. I started using Notion about 6 months ago to get above the weeds of my day-to-day and create a space that’s dedicated for bigger picture thinking.

I’d love to hear if you’re using a planner of some sort to help you navigate your life!

3 Likes

I love the idea of getting out of our task manager and using another app to do our big picture planning.

Many task managers don’t have the ability to zoom out of the weeds with all the tasks and projects. Using Notion is at great way of getting an overall picture.

I personally use iThoughtsX for my own Big Picture. Sometimes we need to see relationships between the different projects, goals, and areas of responsibility in my life. It helps me realign myself. Sometimes I realize that I’m spending too much time in one area and possibly ignoring the other areas of my life. Juggling life has become more difficult with just a task manager alone. The task manager works well when I have a few projects and areas of responsibility. Life moves quickly as we get married, get a new job, get a new side job, and join different organizations for personal and professional reasons.

Using Notion or any other app for your Big Picture stuff helps me balance my involvement in different areas of responsibility.

My current choice for Big Picture work is iThoughtsX. Notion is a great alternative that I’m thinking about. What does everyone else use for their Big Picture work?

1 Like

Would like to use it but this in their TOS has scared me away:
As a condition of your use of the Service, you grant Notion a nonexclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, worldwide, transferable, sub-licenseable license to access, use, host, cache, store, reproduce, transmit, display, publish, distribute, modify and adapt and create derivative works (either alone or as part of a collective work) from your Content.

Ack. That’s… terrible. And sad.

Hopefully some of the principles applied in this video can help in other tools anyway.

Edit: the Notion team seems to say it’s just for being able to provide their service.

1 Like