Fixing my Dumpster Fire of OmniFocus Database

Fixing my Dumpster Fire of OmniFocus Database

All-

A quick recap of Josh’s Life. I am switching companies and for a while there, I considered going out on my own. Figuring out how to make money the free agent way like @justindirose. At the same time, I was traveling the entire month of July doing job interviews wondering if I wanted to stay in engineering or finally move on. So July, bad month, no donut.

I kept throwing ideas after ideas into OmniFocus trying to figure out where I wanted to go and afraid to throw anything away. Well, now it’s time to pay the piper. My OmniFocus DB looks like a locker room where 400 teenagers and a half dozen Luchadors got changed and no one thought to clean up.

I am working on focusing my life back into 12 Week Year. I am going to work on three personal goals.

1. Get good at the new job.
  2. Work on weight loss, yet again. This time I am seeing a naturopath doctor. She’s gonna work on me holistically.
  3. Work on speaking gigs. I’ve got a couple opportunities and will run with those.

But I am gonna say no to anything else that isn’t a hell yes. Cause that’s the only way I am gonna get anywhere. I will let you know how I am doing, in this thread.

/josh

5 Likes

Good luck, Josh! We hope to hear more of your adventures. We are all walking along the same path from slightly different directions. Heck, I can’t reckon what my life looks like five years from now.

I failed in the 12 week year last year. Perhaps I’ll pick it up again one of these days. I suspect that it was a fresh concept that I didn’t pick up right away and I’ll need to have several go-arounds to get the 12 week year to work for me.