DEVONthink To Go 2.6.5 Released

DEVONthink To Go 2.6.5 Released

From the DEVONtechnolgies blog:

On a side note, DEVONthink To Go 2.6.5 has become available too. The maintenance release indexes items without searchable text locally, e.g. email synchronized from DEVONthink Pro, and enhances the way it handles the keyboard when searching. It also improves the reliability of retrieving web page thumbnails, the progress indication when verifying and cleaning sync stores, and the overall reliability and performance of the synchronization.

Important: On January 1st, 2019, Box will deprecate their WebDAV support. Therefore, DEVONthink To Go 2.6.5, like DEVONthink 2.10.2, removes the sync location templates for Box. Existing setups will, of course, continue to work until Box finally pulls the plug. On a similar note we’ve also removed the MagentaCLOUD template. Unfortunately we can no longer recommend MagentaCLOUD as it proved to be too unreliable for serious sync work.

As a fairly new user of DEVONthink, I’m excited to see just how regularly the developer updates the applications in its suite.

If you use Box for storage, take note the developer has turned off the ability to set up new sync location templates for Box due to Box’s removal of WebDAV.

4 Likes

Personally I’ve found Devonthink service top notch , they reply to queries within few hours very professionally . App currently works far smoothly too.

They are open to suggestions, a search based suggestion was implemented in few weeks !

3 Likes

9 posts were split to a new topic: DEVONthink and Backups

Hmmm… I’m gonna have to look at DevonThink To Go. I’ve used it mostly on my Mac. Now that I switched from a 64 GB iPad to a 128 GB, I’ll have to give DevonThink a try. I can’t imagine it being pleasant to use on n iPhone. The small screen would just kill me.

1 Like

Hello everyone,
Some of you have experience with Keep It (evolution of Together 3.0).
I feel good. I use it to archive all scientific articles.
Thank you

1 Like

@Rosario_Canino how would you rank Keep It in terms of Evernote and DEVONthink? I’m looking for a reference-specific solution and am curious.

@justindirose as I said before I use Keep It as an archive of scientific works (about 2000 all with tags).
I really like Evernote, I use it for a lot of things: taking notes, preparing meetings, filing documents that I need during meetings, keeping ideas that I capture on the internet, taking notes.
I’d like to keep the contents of Keep It on Evernote.
DevonThing I tried it for a few days, but I do not have much experience.
My big problem with Evernote is tags. Drown in the sea of tags! I would like to find some solution!
I do not know if I have been exhaustive. However the center of my workflow are: Omnifocus, Evenote and MindNode.

2 Likes

That’s good information :slight_smile: I haven’t really heard anyone talk about Keep It, so I wanted to hear your thoughts. I’ve been trying to decide between Evernote, DEVONthink, or some other system for reference materials specifically, so thanks for sharing!

1 Like