Connecting Things to SkedPal?

Connecting Things to SkedPal?

I use Things 3 for my task management, but have often wished I could tag each item with its time commitment, and then have it auto-generate a daily schedule, notify if I’m overcommitting, etc. I recently came across a service that does just that, called SkedPal. I’d like to find a way to basically use SkedPal as an automation backend – that is, continue managing my tasks in Things, and continue using Fantastical for my schedule, and have a calendar subscription in my Calendar with SkedPal’s recommended schedule based on my Things tasks.

So far, though, it seems I can only automate sending data INTO things, not sending data from Things to somewhere else. Does anyone have any suggestions for accomplishing this?

Thanks! New user here, but looks like a great community.

• Grant
1 Like

This will work for someone who might be a free agent and works from home. Unfortunately, I couldn’t get it to work for me because I never know when I get a walk-in customer or my family interrupts me for something.

It looks like the only thing SkedPal can do is import a CSV file and it doesn’t have much in the way of connecting to Things 3 from what it looks like.

It’s not quite what you’re looking for (connecting Things and SkedPal) but the Sorted³ app seems to lean in this direction of trying to figure out how to sort your tasks into your schedule.

The FAQ has more info.

1 Like

That’s a great tip. I took at Sorted in the past, but it didn’t seem quite ready yet. Looks like it’s come a long way since then, so I’ll take a deeper look. Thanks!

1 Like