Are you paperless?

I’ve been moving the operations for my house more and more paperless, at least where it makes sense. The biggest challenge is finding a way to privately, reliably, and securely share documents with my wife.

DEVONthink is the de facto standard for Mac/iOS users, but I’m now operating cross-platform.

So, what are you using to store your paperless documents, and how’s that working for you?

1 Like

One thing I’ve considered is going super simple.

• Use Dropbox.
  • Encrypt sensitive directories using Cryptomator.

Anyone have experience with that?

1 Like

I am going to start, based on your suggestion & thank you! :wink:

1 Like

I am not a DEVONthink power user, but I store all my documents in DEVONthink. Paperless, except for scratchpad!

1 Like

I have used Sync.com for years which is fully encrypted and cross platform. Hasnt failed me so far

1 Like

I just set this up the other day, and it seems to be working quite well! The major downside is you have to use the Cryptomator app on iOS to access the files.

I think it is secure…. But regardless of what app dujour I’m using at the moment, I first put the document in a shared google drive. My wife already uses googles products, so it’s not a change. And the search can’t be beat. No extra OCR required.

1 Like

Welcome @_adrian!

It’s true that so much of Google’s product lineup can’t be beat. I personally don’t like to throw my personal stuff on there, but my work is 100% Google and it works very well.