Analog Revenge and MPU

What I’m reading

The Revenge of Analog by David Sax
I’ve seen this book recommended in a number of places and it’s always seemed intriguing to me. Combine that with my obsession with analog tools lately and I figured it would be a good fit. Spoiler: I highly recommend this one.

Podcasts

BW - 49: Peak by Anders Ericsson
What does it take to become the best? And what do the world’s greatest do that puts them at the top? And how does that translate into our day to day lives?

WTW - 28: Move from One Phase to Another
Drew talks about his new business venture, Keyhouse! After Joe introduced ProCourse last week, this conversation continues the same dialogue on freelance work becoming something bigger.

Books added to the list

I recently ran across this list of books that are part of Seth Godin’s altMBA program. Being a Godin fan and having a strong interest in the program, I skimmed through this list and picked out a few that seemed interesting to me. Each of these three is from that list.

Thanks for the Feedback by Douglas Stone, Sheila Heen

The True Believer by Eric Hoffer

The Gift by Lewis Hyde

Interesting Productivity Guild topics

Stay on Top of Email in 3x Per Day

Would you go for the 2018 iPad 9.7" or the 10.5" iPad Pro

[Pro] Justin’s Drafts 5 Workflow

“One app to rule them all”

Best Capture Workflow?

Links of Interest

Mac Power Users Forums - MPU Talk
I’ve been having conversations with David Sparks about doing this for a while, but I was able to help move the MPU Facebook group off of Facebook and onto Discourse. What else? So if you’ve been avoiding the Mac Power Users community because it’s on Facebook, no need to worry any longer. :wink:

Beyond Black Box Management - Study Hacks - Cal Newport

If you’d like these in your email, you can either subscribe here on the Guild or via my website.

– Joe

2 Likes