The basic building blocks of productivity systems aren’t a calendar, task manager, and reference system as you might think. Those are tools to manage the building blocks.
Today, we break down these basic blocks and ways you might choose to manage them.
- Block 1: Commitments
- Hard landscape/big rocks
- Ways to manage: Calendar, Due tasks, Reminders
- Block 2: Intentions
- Non-recurring actions taken to move the needle forward
- Ways to manage: MITs, Eat the Frog, Daily/Weekly Task List, Minimizing Active Work
- Block 3: Habits
- Recurring tasks to move the needle forward
- Ways to manage: Paper habit tracker, Habit tracking app, Recurring checklists